As a duty of care to the children, youth and vulnerable adults of King’s Church High Wycombe, and also to the Leaders and Helpers working with them, we have an application process to complete, in accordance with our Safeguarding Policy, before anyone begins working with them.
- Volunteer Application Form – This form is to gain correct and current details for you and to ensure that all those working with the children, youth and vulnerable adults at King’s Church are suitable for this role.
- Please complete this form in full, including giving 2 referees and church leader details (This can be a King’s leader if you have been at King’s for at least one year, or a previous church leader if not). It must be two people who have known you for at least two years. Ideally, your current employer, if applicable, will be one of them. These will be taken up unless a Serving Team Leader or Small Group Leader at King’s has known you for at least 2 years.
- If you are renewing your DBS after 3 years, or applying for a different role having previously already applied at King’s, fill out this Information Update Form instead.
- DBS Application Form – This is the online application for a DBS check.
- The least time consuming way to complete this application form is online (see below for link and “logging in” details). However, if you are unable to do it online, please let us know.
- Please ensure you select the correct level of check for your ministry:
- ORANGE box for all positions with children & youth, Azalea Outreach,
- BLUE box for King’s Table.
- Logging-In details:
- Organisation Reference: 154
- Password: KINGS154
- If the role you are applying for requires an ENHANCED and have previously registered an existing ENHANCED DBS Certificate with the DBS Update Service, please let us know as we may be able to proceed using that quicker route, rather than having to complete a fresh DBS application (dependent on the workforce and level of check carried out)…
- DBS ID Check – This is part of the DBS application and needs to be done in person.
- Jen Swallow, Sarah Lawton, Claire Morton or Ian Bickerstaffe will need to see the originals of 3 items of identification with at least one showing your current address and at least one showing your date of birth.
- Click above to see the process and list of approved items of ID.
- If you have changed your name, proof of that name change (i.e. a Marriage Certificate, Deed Poll, etc) will need to be seen (except those married at King’s Centre as we have a copy of the Marriage Certificate here).
- Just one item of photo ID required for DBS Update Service checks!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01494 459 901 to let us know when you will be attending with your documents.
Office Hours are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm but arrangements can be made to do this on a Sunday Morning.
- Self-Declaration Form – This form is a legal requirement and gives the church permission to apply for the Enhanced DBS check.
- NOT REQUIRED FOR ROLES REQUIRING BASIC DBS CERTIFICATE.
- Please complete this form in full, through to and including the DECLARATION
- There are additional sections, of which everyone will need to complete at least one section… please read each section to determine whether you need to sign/complete it or not.
FILLING IN ONLINE DBS APPLICATION
- Helpful Hints for Basic Check Application:
- DBS Profile # not needed,
- ‘Employment’, [Role Title, as below], ‘voluntary/charity’
- King’s role titles to use on DBS Applications:
- ‘Creche / Sunday School’ Leader or Helper (ALL King’s Kids Team should use “Creche / Sunday School…”)
- Youth Leader or Youth Helper
- Youth Camp Leader or Youth Camp Helper (for overnight King’s Youth help)
- Soup Kitchen Helper (for all King’s Table Team)
- Kintsugi Hope Group Leader
- Azalea Outreach Team
If you need any further assistance, please contact Sarah Lawton in the church office.
Thank you for the time that you have offered to give at King’s Church High Wycombe, and we look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.