“Give us this day our daily bread”
1. Praise and Worship (5 mins)
Spend some time praising God. Use songs, listen to music, speak out words of praise. He is Jehovah Jireh, our provider and He has everything that we need. Thank Him that this is true.
Suggested song: Provider – Urban rescue (click on link)
2. Confession (5 mins)
Confess anything that comes to mind. This will enable you to pray without anything coming between you and God.
3. Praying Scripture (5 mins)
Take some time to read through the following scripture. Read each verse in turn and pray that the truth of the verse would be ingrained into your heart. Pray for a fresh infilling of the Holy Spirit today.
9 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for[a] a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
——— New to Prayer finishes here, everyone else keep going ———-
4. Waiting on the Lord (5 mins)
Take some time to still your thoughts and sit before the Lord in silence. Ask him to speak to you through this passage. 5 minutes might seem a long time but wait it out!
5. Personal Intercession (5 mins)
Pray for yourself: God tells us that we should ask for our daily bread. Lay before him today the things that you need. Ask him to provide them for you. Then think about spiritual gifts. Are there spiritual gifts that you want God to develop in you – tongues, prophecy, healing, kindness, wisdom? Ask Him to grow these gifts in you.
6. Intercede for our church ministries (5 mins)
Pray for CAP:
- Pray we get more clients now that we are in the New Year. Currently we have none on our backlog.
- Pray we continue to see families going debt free from our caseload of ongoing cases.
- Pray many would respond to Jesus as we pray for people and share the gospel with them.
Pray for Little Stars:.
- Please pray for wisdom as we work out how and when to reopen safely.
- Please pray for the children and carers who feel lonely and isolated at the moment due to Covid, pray that we can reach out to them and be a great blessing to them.
- Pray for the relationships we have formed during lockdown to continue and for new people to join when we reopen.
- Pray that we would be able to love and serve them well and share Jesus with them boldly.
——— Growing in Prayer finishes here, everyone else keep going ———-
7. Intercede for our local area (5 mins)
- Pray for families living in poverty that they would come to know God as their provider.
- Pray for One Can Trust as their work has grown threefold in a single year. Pray for provision for them.
- Pray for Wycombe Homeless Connection that the leadership team would have wisdom in helping people to stay out of homelessness.
- Pray for those who are vulnerable, maybe living alone or separated from family members: pray that God will reach them through the churches in the town.
8. Intercede for the nations (5 mins)
We are told in the Bible that ‘man does not live by bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord’. Wes and Jackie work with Wycliffe Bible translators in South Sudan, giving tribes there the opportunity to have access to the Word of God in their own native languages for the very first time. Pray for success in their work and many saved in South Sudan. Pray for peace and protection over them, their marriage, and those they lead.
9. Thanksgiving (5 mins)
Thank God for answers to prayer that you have received over the last year. If you keep a prayer journal you could look back and see what he has done. If you don’t keep such a journal, it could be a good time to start one, recording any recent answers to prayer as you remember them.
10. Listening (5 mins)
You have put your petitions before God; now wait and listen to what He has to say back to you. Try not to move on until you hear from Him
11. Praise (5 mins)
Thank Him for meeting with you today. Thank Him that He is a God who answers prayers and desires to give us good gifts. Thank Him for all that He has provided you with.
12.Reflection (5 mins)
Focus today on how you see God. Do you believe at a heart level that He is good and wants to answer your prayers? If not, tell God how you feel about this, and ask Him to reveal His love and closeness to you. Ask Him to show you his unchanging goodness throughout this week.